Back to School Writing

The beginning of a new year comes with so much excitement! I love getting started with writing workshop in my classroom! Here are a few things that I like to include the first few weeks for "getting to know you" activities.

Using these prompts is a great way for students to share what makes them unique (I like to quiz-quiz-trade with these prompts so students can share with their peers without feeling the pressure of sharing with a large group)

Once your students have finished several of these pages in their notebooks, they will have a great resource for topics to write about! It makes generating ideas for journaling so easy!

Click on any of the pictures to see the packet!


Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Photo slideshow generated with Smilebox

1 comment

  1. It is so beautiful! Your editing gives me soon many ideas !!!!
    I had a big flower (on color paper) on my door a couple years back, my name was in the middle and on every petal, a student's name was written.... I was thinking of doing an activity to learn about my students in a presentation much like the flower I used to have on my door.... The things I'm grateful for is such a good idea, it's quite simple, but is also an open question...

    Thank you for ALL these great ideas, you inspire me :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to chat with me!

Back to Top